Recording this for posterity.
- Leftover roast pork (optimally home grown free range and happy, about which another post when I find the time), diced or thinly sliced.
- A few onions, a couple of potatoes, some mushrooms, all thinly sliced.
- Capsicum (red or green or both), diced.
- Crushed garlic.
- BBQ sauce (plus possibly tomato paste – see how you go).
- Pepper (bonus points for Tasmanian bush pepper).
- Cheese, chilli sauce, tortillas (optional).
- Heat frypan, add pork.
- Add onions and garlic, fry for a while.
- Add butter, potatoes, mushrooms, BBQ sauce, salt, pepper, oregano, fry some more.
- Cover, lower heat, add water and/or tomato paste if it seems necessary.
- Go away for at least half an hour. Check your email. Read Twitter. Do some actual useful work. But make sure you’re within smelling distance of the kitchen, just in case.
- Add capsicum.
- Wait a bit more, depending on how well done you like your capsicum.
- Serve, either in a bowl or wrapped in a tortilla, with or without cheese and chilli sauce according to taste.